Bonjour, mes bons amis!!
My parents left a box of old photos so that I could eventually digitize all of the pictures. And as I sat at my laptop this evening to write a post with gift ideas for Mom, I remembered that box. Before I knew it, I had spent over two hours looking at hundreds of pictures, trying to remember events and dates, laughing at the memories I could recall, and holding back a tear or two. Or three.
Photographs are against some religions because of the superstition that cameras or photos steal a soul (or something like that). While I respect the belief, I also feel that this means truly missing one of the best ways to keep family and friends close to your heart, no matter their distance. My mom lives 2500 miles away, and yet in the last two hours of seeing her face through the years, the vacations, the family reunions… I was immediately reminded that my mom is always close.
I couldn’t help share a few of my favorites. There really is nothing like a mother’s love…
- It’s not too late to make some amazing DIY gifts for your mom!
- Your gift doesn’t have to be crafty – whip up something delicious and easy in the kitchen!
- Give your mom the gift of time: hire a local maid service while you take her out of the house for a few hours.
- If your mom loves movies and TV shows, set up Mom with a 6-month or 1-year Netflix service.
- If your mom loves to cook, sign up and take a cooking class with her and learn to cook a few new exotic or ethnic dishes. Check Yelp for some local cooking classes in hers or your area.
- THE FAIL-SAFE: Treat your mom to a brunch at home with some fun recipes like a Bacon, Egg and Toast Cup, or any of these other great simple recipes. (And clean up after, too!)
What are you doing for your Mom this Mother’s Day?
♥ – LBH