Bonjour, mes beaux amis!I hope you had a safe and fun holiday weekend like I did! I did, however, wake up feeling as lazy as my munchkin, Mr. Bingsley here… Mondays after holiday weekends are always sad to face (sad-face?), especially when I feel guilty about all of the delicious but less-than-healthy eats I’ve indulged in for the past couple of days. So in my attempt to do some damage control and hopefully help make up for some of the ‘fun’ I enjoyed this weekend, I’m starting the day and week off with my Ultra Green delicious smoothie!Here’s the recipe – I promise it will definitely leave you feeling full for about three hours, and definitely GUILT-FREE!!!
- 1/2 c Almond Milk (unsweet/unflav, I use Trader Joes Unsweetened Original Almond Milk)
- 2 c raw Baby Spinach
- 1 c raw chopped Kale
- 1/2 c frozen (or fresh) blueberries
- 1 c Trader Joes Organic Tropical Fruit Blend
- 1/4 c cooked oatmeal (I use Coach’s Oats from Costco)
- 1 TB Hemp Protein (try Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 50 from a health food store like Whole Foods)
- 6-8 ice cubes
** If you want the smoothie a little sweeter, just add half a banana to help sweeten it up a bit. As promised – here are the nutritional facts for the Ultra Green Smoothie!Happy Monday (Greens), mes beaux amis!
♥ – LBH