Bonjour, mes beaux amis!
It’s a short week for us in the US since Friday is the 4th of July. This weekend my other half and I decided to take it easy this weekend for some time to catch our breath after lots of recent travel, work and general chaos. Some of that ‘take it easy’ time will include some reading (I’m about 3/4 done with Philip K. Dick’s The Man In the High Castle), as well as catching up on some TV/movie watching!
.And hopefully we squeeze in a few healthy activities too – which reminds me, I’ve been meaning to share my Breakfast Boost smoothie recipes! Here’s the first of a few recipes I’ve been tweaking:
- 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal (I use Coach’s Oats from Costco)
- 1 cup frozen berry mix (strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds, etc.)
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
- 1 cup raw Kale (chopped, no stems)
- 2 cups raw Spinach
- 1/2 cup raw Blueberries
Considering the summer weather everywhere in the US right now, a healthy smoothie could be your cure for the unforgiving heat.
Finally, here’s a quick roundup of reading and what’s got me buzzing from the web. What will you be doing this weekend?
- Fighting off those pesky mosquitoes this summer just got a little more interesting.
- I’m kinda dying to try this Banh Mi à la French Dip!!!
- This may be scary news for all of us 9-5’ers, but there is still hope: trying to reverse the ill effects of sitting all day long…
- Tim Howard is not only America’s new superhero, but he just got even more interesting.
- Everybody loves dip – try one of these recipes at your next outdoor summer bash.
- Debunk these five famous historical tales at your next cocktail party.
I hope you all enjoy your weekend, mes beaux amis!
♥ – LBH