Bonjour, mes beaux amis!
If you’re here in the US, you are most likely gearing up for your 4th of July weekend, hopefully filled with plans of barbecues, outdoor fun, friends & family, and of course catching some fireworks somewhere. So to help you get through these last couple days before the holiday, I thought I’d share a couple exciting events happening here in Los Angeles, as well as a personal task that I’m adding to my ‘to-do’ list. That personal task may involve lots of hoop-jumping and most likely a number of LESS-than-likely scenarios, but hey – a girl can try!
First, here’s a list of some exciting happenings in Los Angeles during this holiday weekend!
- Mr. C in Beverly Hills has a new Poolside Cinema series, showcasing classic movies for free from the comfort of your pool noodle or cabana while sipping a summer cocktail, of course… tonight catch the great film noir Chinatown.
- Here’s a list of places where you can see some great fireworks shows this weekend throughout LA.
- Get started on your Uniqlo Pop-Up tour starting Wednesday July 3rd – not to be missed for all those awesome essentials NOT normally available in the SoCal!
- Be your own firework this weekend and take advantage of 44 online sales for all wallet sizes.
- Bon Anniversaire, Providence LA! If you’ve never had the opportunity to eat at one of my favorite restaurants in the whole world, and one of LA’s finest Michelin-awarded restaurants, be sure to do it in July when Providence LA will be extending their June-Anniversary for an extra month with discounted prix fixe prices. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT, and the food will certainly not be discounted in taste, presentation or elegance. *Insider tip: enjoy free corkage on Mondays!
And now for my own personal ‘quest’: how can I get an invitation to Questlove’s new Food Salons?
QUESTLOVE, if you’re reading this: I’m a huge fan of your music and eclectic tastes, so, to put it mildly and with all due respect, I would LOVE to get an invitation to your Food Salons! I’m a great conversationalist, I’m funny and I”ll even cook something from my very own recipe book!!! ** CALL ME!!! EMAIL ME!!! TWEET ME!!!**
Welp, like I said – a girl can try!
And here’s one last piece of inspiration for your weekend – I LOVE LOVE LOVE what Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge wrote about ‘defining success.’ I just had to share because she hit the nail on the head!!
I hope you have a wonderful and SAFE 4th of July holiday weekend, mes beaux amis!
♥ – LBH